NON PHARMACOLOGICAL MANAGEMENT
- Keep content simple and uniform.
- Include the family.
- Evaluate for results and repeat .
Evaluation for patients understanding of heart failure condition
- Know their heart condition.
- Know symptoms and sign of heart failure.
- Know how and when to contact health care provider.
Foster lifestyle change
- Daily weight (early am) and record it. Know what to do with it.
- Low salt intake.
- No tobacco and discourage alcohol.
- Encourage activities and exercise.
- Importance of compliance in all aspects.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to infection. Offer influenza and pneumococcal vaccinations.
Knowledge of medication
- Patient should have accurate medication list with dosages.
- Should report to all health care providers when there is a change.
- Bring all medicine bottles to each clinic visit to verify.